The Electronic Music Production at Grand Harmony is a rounded music course which covers many aspects of modern music production.
Various stages in production such as composition, styles, song-forms, instrumentation are covered. Technical aspects such as voice and instrument recording, audio and midi editing on a digital audio workstation and a look into mixing using onboard plug-ins.
The course is designed to help the student start with an idea and develop that idea into a full- fledged composition and production.
The modern workstation Assembly and signal flow of the digital audio workstation.
• A continuous look into different musical styles- Rock, Pop, Jazz, Electronic etc.
• Analysis of songs – forms and construction of a composition.
• Time , Tempo, Rhythm
• Time signatures, Quantization for drums and various rhythm based instruments.
• String section analysis
• Range of instruments
• Methods of composition using those instruments on the computer.
• In-depth study of Audio Recording using microphone& editing it using different techniques.
• Bringing the production to life, using different mixing related plug-ins and equalizers